The Old Mutual Foundation was established in 1999 with the aim of creating opportunities for integrating marginalised South Africans into the mainstream economy by encouraging volunteerism and supporting initiatives that focus on developing skills, improving education and promoting job creation.
In June 2011 we sent three Old Mutual employees off on a road trip across the country, to visit the projects supported by the Old Mutual Foundation. Their experiences have been recorded and published in a new book called "journey" which documents the stories of those lives that the Foundation has touched and captures with words and images how their lives have been changed.
- £300,000 has been contributed to the Staff Charity Fund which supports abused children, animal welfare, the elderly and those suffering with HIV & AIDS.
- £860,000 - contributed to the 'Adopt' an Orphan Programme to date by employees and the Old Mutual Foundation.
- 1,250 - is the number of employees who choose to make monthly contributions from their salaries.
- 107- the number of organisations nationwide supported through the Staff Charity Fund.
- 1,243 - the number of orphans that Old Mutual employees have 'adopted' through the Old Mutual Foundation and Heartbeat.